ies GmbH & Co. KG
Darmcher Grund 22
Phone: +49 (2354) 70655 - 0
Fax: +49 (2354) 70655 - 25
The company ies Industrie-Elektronik Schmitz GmbH & Co. KG develops, manufactures and distributes electronic system components for a wide range of industrial applications since 1966. ies is the perfect partner with extensive know-how in the fields of soft- and hardware design, electronic component purchasing, manufacturing and testing for development, serial production and maintenance of customised electronic products. One of the main competences is design and production of OEM products, based on Kontron Embedded Computer-on-Modules such as X-board® or ETX®. This design concept combines high flexibility and short development cycles with limited effort for electronic PCB design. Due to the fact that this concept is in practice since 1992 ies can refer to a respectable number of successful design stories.
- System integration
- Hard- & Software Design & Serial Production
- Kontron Distribution Services
Designed as a multimedia platform to be mounted into vehicles, this compact single-board computer offers exceptional and interesting functions on the dimensions of a standardised DIN-shaft for car radios. A broad scalable computing performance with only passive cooling is combined with integrated functions like GPS receiver, WLAN, PCMCIA socket, 2 separated video outputs (LVDS / VGA / DVI), IDE-hard disk & CF card plus up to 7 USB 2.0 interfaces.
- GPS receiver
- optional extension with an angled, half-size PCI card
- Dimensions (BxHxT): 176 mm x 38 mm x 184 mm (height without PCI-slot and HDD)
- Power supply: 7-32 V-DC wide range input (12 / 24 V-DC nominal voltage)
- Connectors: 1 x 2.5“ IDE-Notebook HDD (for automotive use) 1 x IDE CompactFlash socket type I / II 1 x miniPCI socket for WLAN-Module as per 802.11g (up to 54 MBit/s) 1 x PCMCIA slot for type II & type III extension cards 1 x PCI 2.1 for half-size PCI-cards (optional)
- Functionality & Interfaces: 1 x GPS receiver, 16 channels with passive, external antenna 1 x EIDE for additional drives 1 x Sound (Line-out, Aux, Micro) 1 x Ethernet 10/100 Base-T 7 x USB 1.1 / 2.0 1 x RS 2321 x PS/2-mouse / keyboard 1 x CRT monitor (VGA or DVI) 1 x LVDS-TFT 1 x Realtime Clock, HW Watchdog and internal I2C-temperature sensor
MB 25 ETX®
The ETX® singleboard-PC MB25 is designed for being used in 19“ racks. All modern x86-computer architectures can be implemented within only 1 height unit and without active cooling!
- Reduced overall depth
- Additional horizontal PCI-card possible
- Ideal platform for a variety of 19" applications
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 340 mm x 25 mm x 205 mm
- Power Supply: 9-18 V-DC, additional redundant, external 12 V-DC voltage supply # Slots: 1 x PCI 2.1 (90° right angle)
- Functionality & Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0 2 x Ethernet 10/100 Base-T 1 x CRT-Monitor / Mouse / Keyboard 1 x ISDN-Modem onboard 2 x RS 232 4 x free programmable I/Os 4 x Status LED inside the front panel 1 x onboard temperature sensor Realtime Clock & Hardware Watchdog self curing fuse
MB 28 X-board®
Especially for the environmental conditions of automotive applications the use of dedicated hardware und processor platforms is highly recommended. The shown x86 single board computer MB28 is a therefore developed processor platform. It is made for the integration in portable and rugged CAN-Bus Diagnosis- und Communication equipment. Most of the described functions are connected wirelessly to its environment so that vibration or connectors abrasion cannot affect the stability of the system.
- Integration for rugged use
- Wireless connection
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 193 mm x 121 mm x 19 mm (without LCD & Hard Disc)
- Power Supply: 7-32 V-DC (12 / 24 V-DC nominal)
- Temperature Range: for automotive use -40°C up to 85°C
- Functionality & Interfaces: 1 x GSM- / GPRS-Modem, frontal exchangeable SIM-card holder 1 x GPS-Receiver 16 channels, with a passive, external antenna 1 x WLAN 802.11g, access-point-capable 1 x Bluetooth (optional) 4 x CAN for the diagnosis of the automotive vehicle-bus system “OBD” 2 x USB 1.1 1 x Ethernet 10/100 Base-T 2 x RS 232 1 x PS/2-Mouse / -Keyboard 1 x CRT-Monitor (DVI) and 1 x LVDS-TFT control 8 x ultra-bright status LED 1 x 4-line LCD-Display (optional) 1 x Realtime Clock, Hardware Watchdog and internal I2C-Temperature detecor/sensor 1 x controller for integrated Hardware-Heating foil
MB 32 ETX®
The development and serial production of compact computer design based on ETX® modules from Kontron is one of the IES specialities. The single-board PC MB32 is a prime example.
- designed for the portable use in multimedia-PCs
- compact design
- unique selection of functionalities and interfaces
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 125 mm x 28 mm x 179 mm
- Power supply: 8-15 V-DC Power supply for alternating supply from portable battery (approx. 4 hours operating time) and integrated supporting battery (approx. 10 minutes operating time), with integrated charging-/surveillance circuit
- Connectors: 1 x IDE CompactFlash socket type I / II (for OS) or optional 1 x IDE for 2,5“ hard disks 1 x HOT SWAP CompactFlash socket type I / II (for operationg data) 1 x PCMCIA slot for type II & type III extension cards
- Functionalities & Interfaces: 1 x Frame grabbing controller for mini cameras 3 x USB 2.0 2 x IEEE1394a Firewire 1 x PS/2 mouse for an integrated joystick mous 1 x VGA output for a portable head-up display 1 x Sound (Line-out incl. adjustable amplifier, micro) 6 x programable digital inputs / digital outputs 1 x Realtime Clock, Hardware Watchdog
MB 33 ETX®
The single-board-PC MB 33 is a customer-specific design for the use of PC/104+ measurement cards in compact table devices applicable for laboratories. The extremely compact dimensions as well as the sophisticted cooling concept enable to integrate the complete PC functionality including passive cooling in a total headroom of only 40 mm. An additional PC/104+ extension cards can also be connected.
- no mechanical maintenance parts
- impervious to malfunction
- impervious to accidental operation
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 130 mm x 30 mm x 167 mm (without PMC-cards)
- Power Supply: 7-32 V-DC (12 / 24 V-DC)
- Slots: 1 x IDE Compact Flash slot Typ I /II 1 x PC/104 slot
- Functionality & Interfaces: 1 x Ethernet 10/100 Base-T 1 x EIDE 1 x Floppy 4 x USB 2.0 2 x RS 232 1 x IrDA 1 x LPT 1 x PS/2 Mouse / -Keyboard 1 x CRT monitor 1 x onboard temperature sensor Real-Time Clock & Hardware Watchdog
MB 35 ETX®
The ETX® singleboard-PC MB35 has been developed as a customized x86-computer platform for extremely rugged, compact and mobile measurement PC-systems. The main point of interest of this design was being able to refit additional I/O cards in the integrated PCM-slots, without exceeding the overall height of 30 mm.
- Innovative cooling concept for enclosed systems
- PIM- and PMC-slots
- Variety of other PC functionalities
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 286 mm x 28 mm x 222 mm (with PMC-cards)
- Power Supply: 5 V-DC, 12 V-DC, -12 V-DC, 3.3 V-DC
- Slots: 3 x PMC 32bit slot 3 x PIM-slot (PMC-interface-module) 1 x MiniPCI slot
- Functionality & Interfaces: 1 x Ethernet 10/100 Base-T 3 x USB 1.1 2 x RS 232 1 x IrDA 1 x LPT 1 x PS/2 Mouse 1 x PS/2 Keyboard 1 x Sound 1 x CRT-Monitor 1 x LVDS-flat panel control for TFT-displays Real-Time Clock & Hardware Watchdog